Monday, January 26, 2009

Thai Laksa

It's Hard To Find A Good One

Years ago when I was first introduced to Laksa soups, it was from a place that made this Malaysian style Laksa that just burnt hot chili marks into your innards. But it was great!

That place is now long gone.
Since then I've been ordering Laksas in the hope of finding something as good but I've failed. In the mean time, I've noticed the rise of the Thai Laksa, which is a kind of bastard soup noodle experience that is not quite the same dish but bears the same name.

Thai Laksa are largely less impressive than the Malaysian kind. However, I have found a great place in Crows Nest, not far from Bean Drinking. It's a place called Wok Noodle Bar. The Laksa there has a strong lemon-grassy tang and has a unique flavor. I think it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment