Saturday, January 31, 2009

In Search Of The Best Pho

Benchmarking

It might seem like nothing much doing, but I am interested in finding the best pho in Sydney. That's right. If you'd asked me 10 years ago, I would have said, 'Pasteur' on George Street. It might still be the case, but there are some good ones out on Cabramatta way. 
Still, Cabramatta is a long way to go, just for a good pho, so I've been digging around a bit. 

The benchmark pho, I think is at Xiclo. They have a shop in town and in Chatswood and Hay Market. It comes with a good soup, with good basil and meats. It's important they come with the obligatory sundry combination of meats, otherwise it's not a proper pho. The beef comes with 2 different cuts, cuts of beef balls, some tendon and tripe. It's pretty good even with a $11 price tag. You can get good laksa for that price, but you can also get some awful soups for that price too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment